Article 1; Definitions
1. Event; The event the Strong Viking Water Edition, Strong Viking Mud Edition, Strong Viking Hills Edition, Strong Viking Brother Edition, Strong Viking Flanders Edition, Strong Viking Forest Edition, Family Obstacle Run, Iron Viking.
2. Participant; the natural person who is registered for participation with the organizer of the event.
3. Agreement; the agreement involving the participation of the participant in the event.
4. Organizer; Strong Viking Group B.V.
Article 2; Participation
1. Participation in the Event is only possible by the Participant when he/she has filled out the registration form completely, truthfully and if the registration fee has been paid in full.
2. The Participant has to participate in the Event in person.
3. The minimum age for participants at the Event differs based on distance. 3km: minimum age of 5 years old, 5km: minimum age of 10 years old, 7-13km: minimum age of 14 years old, 19km: minimum age of 16 years old & the minimum age for the Iron Viking (42km) is 18 years old. The Organizer is permitted to ask the age/start number of the Participant before and/or during the Event. If after checking, the Participant does not meet the minimum age requirement, the Organizer is allowed to remove the Participant from the course.
4. Participants are allowed to transfer contract-rights to others. This transfer can only be done by completely and truthfully filling out the specific form provided by the Organizer at www.strongviking.com. Transfer of the ticket can be done no later than three weeks prior to the date of the Event. Transferring towards another event is not possible. Under law, problems concerning any online purchase can be taken up with the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR).
5. If the Participant is unable to take part in the Event, the paid registration fee will not be refunded.
6. The Organizer may decide, on the basis of exceptional circumstances, to cancel an Event. A decision of the Organizer to cancel an Event does not mean that the Participant will get the registration fee refunded and the Organizer cannot be made responsible for any other costs involved.
7. The Participant must follow instructions from staff or volunteers of the Event at all times. It is also required to wear the provided 2-layer polyester shirt. In the event of repeated or severe misbehaviour, the Organizer reserves the right to prevent the Participant from participating in the Event at all times without having to claim costs incurred or other fees involved.
8. The Participant agrees not to engage in any commercial activities on behalf of the Organizer, without having explicit permission from the Organizer.
9. For safety reasons, the Organizer is permitted to use cut-off times during the Event. The Participant is then obliged to run a shorter distance than originally communicated on his/her ticket. During the Event, the Participant must adhere to the aforementioned decision made by the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right to accompany the Participant(s) to a shorter distance or to the finish when crossing junction points after the communicated cutoff times. The actual cutoff time at junction points varies by Event whereby the minimal walking/running speed of 4km/h is considered as the standard. It is then deduced that the Participant can take up to 4 hours to complete the first 13km of the 19 km distance track, and up to 2 hours to complete the first 7km of the 13km distance track. The Organizer owes no compensation to the Participant when applying a cutoff time.
10. The Participant is responsible at all times to participate in obstacles in a safe and responsible manner. Therefore, the ability to swim is a requirement in all water-related obstacles and a Participant with a pacemaker and/or other heart disease is not permitted to participate in any obstacle that contains electricity. During the Event, the Participant always has the option to skip any obstacle when he/she does not wish and/or dare to participate in it.
Article 3; Responsibility
1. Participation is at your own risk. The Organizer is not responsible for any damages, whatsoever, that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation. The Organizer will also not be responsible for any loss, or damage to the Participant’s property.
2. If, despite the provisions of the first paragraph, responsibility of the Organizer for damage to the Participant must be adopted, the obligation of the Organizer for compensation of the damage will be limited to the amount that the insurance of the Organizer pays in respect to the damage that has occurred.
3. The Participant must be insured against the risk of damage, which he/she or a survivor may suffer following his/her death, injury or illness caused by his/her participation in the Event.
4. The Participant declares that he/she is aware of the fact that participation is only possible in good health, in both the mental and physical sense, and declares that he/she meets this requirements and that he/she has trained or is fully prepared in any other way for the Event.
5. The Participant shall compensate the Organiser for any damage caused to third parties as a result of an act or omission attributable to the Participant in relation to the Event. The Participant must be insured against the risk of liability for incurred damages.
Article 4; Image rights
1. The Participant grants permission in advance to the Organizer for disclosure of photos and other imagery made during or around the Event in which the Participant may be visible.
Article 5; Personal data
1. The personal data provided by the Participant to the Organizer is incorporated in a file. By entering the Agreement the Participant grants permission to the Organizer to use personal data and send information to the Participant and others, if needed. The Participant will be allowed to indicate, at any time, an objection to the sharing of any or all personal information available by sending an e-mail to the Organizer. The Organizer will then respectively stop sharing any personal information available. By entering the Agreement the Participant grants permission to the Organizer to disclose his/her name and publish competition results. For example, the Participant’s information could end up on the Internet or in a newspaper.
Article 6; Images of the participants
The Organizer has the right to use image material, which is made by a Participant during the Event, and publish it in any medium without mentioning the owner of the source.